Western Union Accountant Assistant in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Accountant Assistant
Requisition #: 1800731
Does playing a critical role in recording, reporting, summarizing, and interpreting economic data sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about providing accounting and financial support?
We’re seeking an Accountant Assistant, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office for Western Union International Bank. In this role, you will compile financial data for use in maintaining accounting records and perform standard bookkeeping functions.
Position Global grade 7
Hiring Manager Andre Parazinskiene
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Preparation, reconciliation and accounting of cash in transit accounts, together with daily and monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts to the internal procedures for variety of products WU provides to the customers.
• Close communication with various business partners on a daily basis
• Actively participate in process improvement projects ensuring effective accounting operations and the compliance with internal controls, policies and regulations. However working on implementing new processes and ensure the testing phase from settlement side is successful
What you will need to succeed:
• Professional experience in Accounting
• Have a natural curiosity for learning and understanding new products
• Be able to review and optimize accounting processes
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented view
• Be flexible and quick learner and to be able to work independently and as part of a team
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or Accounting field
• Experience in Accounting
• Fluency in English language
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced accounting teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility! We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.