Western Union Supervisor, Accounts Payable in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Supervisor, Accounts Payable
Requisition #: 1703332
Supervisor, Accounts Payable
Does playing a critical role in Accounts Payable for over 60 entities in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Pacific regions sound exciting to you?
We’re seeking Accounts Payable Supervisor, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office. In this role, you lead and manage a team of Accounts Payable professionals, including selection/hiring, objective setting, performance management, coaching/development and training.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Daily supervision of invoice processing workflow
• Coordinate month end close reporting and analysis
• Substitute AP manager in his absence
• Oversight of internal system setup changes
• Develop internal controls and operational procedures
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies and procedures
• Organize the team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services
• Establish and maintain relationship with assigned business units
• Provide training to new and existing staff
• Support activities for audits and liaising with auditors
What you will need to succeed:
• Proven experience in accounting, operations and people management
• Effective communication, cooperation and conflict management skills with ability to manage workload within a team
• Be a Team builder with strong planning and organizational skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-structured, deadline-driven environment
• Creative and innovate approach in identifying process improvement opportunities
What will make you stand out:
• Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting field
• Work experience in accounting or audit along with managerial practice as team lead
• Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Time management skills
• Ability to prioritize work
• Fluent in English
• Good Microsoft Excel skills
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced accounting teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.