Western Union Sr Associate, Accounting in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Sr Associate, Accounting
Requisition #: 1701997
Sr Associate, Accounting
Does playing a critical role in recording, reporting, summarizing, and interpreting economic data sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about providing accounting and financial support?
We’re seeking an Accounting Associate, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office. In this role, you will compile financial data for use in maintaining accounting records and perform standard bookkeeping functions.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Perform accounting function for the newly established accounting unit, including journal entries posting and periodic validation of balance sheet accounts to supporting documents
• Record purchase invoices into accounting system, deal with vendor's and stakeholders queries related with invoices, and investigate any discrepancies between booked and paid invoices
• Reconcile suppliers and clearing accounts on a weekly basis, record entries into accounting system, provide general support to the senior team members, compile data for audit requests required during year-end and throughout the year, create, maintain and update standard operating procedures for daily/monthly tasks
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a self-motivated team player who is focused on giving the highest level of customer service
• Have a natural curiosity for learning and understanding new products
• Have a general computer skills with strong Microsoft Excel background
• Be able to handle a high volume of information in a very busy office environment
• Be proactive and flexible
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or Accounting field
• Experience in accounting
• Fluency in English language
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced accounting teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com.