Western Union Senior Accountant in Vilnius, Lithuania
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Requisition #: 1704286
Does playing a critical role in recording, reporting, summarizing, and interpreting economic data sound exciting to you? How about working for a global fintech company on an advanced team that is passionate about providing accounting and financial support?
We’re seeking Senior Accountant, based in our Vilnius, Lithuania office.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Ensure accurate accounting information for assigned entities
• Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Participate in month-end close process, including preparation of accrual estimates and posting of journal entries to the general ledger
• Prepare standard and specialized financial reports Cooperate with auditors during preparation and review of audit material
• Suggest procedures and processes improvements or product upgrades and implement them
• Establish and maintain relationships with assigned business units
• Provide training to new and existing staff
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, company policies, procedures, and regulations.
What you will need to succeed:
• Communicate effectively
• Pursue high attention to details and good organizational skills
• Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-structured, deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency with software such as MS Word, MS Excel
What will make you stand out:
• Bachelor's degree or you are the last year student in Business, Economy, Finance or Accounting field
• Experience in accounting
• Fluency in English language
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced accounting teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.